Friday, November 25, 2011

Feliz Dia de accion de Gracias!(un dia tarde)

Hello y'all. Happy late thanksgiving!
This week was changes Sat we we worked (yeay) we sent Hna Estrada wih the other Hnas and we went and worked with one of the young men. He likes to accompany us. Sunday we knocked a ton of doors to remind people of church, but unfortunately all of our investigators 'had conflicts that came up suddenly' and couldn't come, and a few Recent converts and Less actives that we have been working with also said the same thing. Sunday afternoon worked some more-in trio, which is not the most effective if you want to know the truth. and Sunday night surprise surprise Hna Estrada had changes, Hna Salazar stayed with me, and Hna Sierra had changes and Hna Montalvan is training.
Monday we went to the office after lunch( Pres asked me last mon if I could change my horario to accomodate the other responsabilities of the elders in the office on mondays so now it is 2 until I am done on mondays which is fine, it is a little less crazy in the pm and won't be eating fast food with the frequencia that I was before yeay for my arteries). The news came and I did their health interviews and all the things that I needed to do with them before we went back to the house. But fortunately we were in divisions so even though I didn't work, Hna Estrada and a member were working. Whoot!
Tuesday was the new people meeting, we left before noon, and got to work all the afternoon. Tuesday night Hna Woods came and Slept in the house, and she took a small collection of stuff for my family(I hope it makes it through customs) she's going to mail it to you.
Wednesdaywe worked all day and in the night two other ex companions came and slept in the house Hna Fuentes and Hna Bermudez before they left on thursday. Thursday we planned in the AM and in the PM we were supposed to have a thanksgiving multizona, but Hna Salazar and I had to take a misionary to the hospital for xrays, and we got back just in time to eat yay! we got back to our area and worked for an hour, and now it is P-day. Oh and midst all of this Wednesday night we sent an elder with severe abdominal and back pain to the hospital and he was passing a kidney stone. He was treated for that, and they did some exams to see if he had more, and yes he did, so he's coming back today to finish passing them in his house here in santa ana.

In my cleaning of the house I came across a great talk by President Benson-beware of pride(it was in spanish so it was called cuidaos del orgullo) wich was a great talk. I learned a lot, and as I shared what I was learning with my companion she also wanted to read it. It really helped me see that pride such a huge weakness, for everyone and I am definately not an exception.
Look it up it is from one of the conferences 1989 I don't remember which one.

Thats All I have time for.
Love ya
Hna Allen

No comments: