Friday, November 11, 2011

Greetings (otra vez)

Hola familia!
This week has flown by. I had a great birthday. Went to church and the hermanas of the ward (who remembered or who were told that it was my birthday) congratulated me and gave me hugs, which was nice. Douglas was confirmed. which was great, and then in the afternoon we went and had a very yummy lunch with one of the sisters of the ward, all new food, but all very yummy. it still surprises me that I have been here for almost 8 months and still am eating new food every so often.(with amazing regularity to tell the truth). Then in the afternoon one of the niñas of the ward was baptised, and we helped with that, so I got to eat cake on my birthday, and then the night of my birthday with 4 honduranias in the same house they celebrated my birthday in typical honduranian fasion, they ambushed me and broke eggs over my head, and then poured eggs and flour over my head. So at 1030 at night I was showering to wash the egg and flour out of my hair. (picture included). Monday I was in the office, my two hondurania companions made baliaras(very very yummy) and I did a ton of health things to prepare for those coming week after next. We have been going to pt every day with hna estrada and the therapist says she thinks after tomorrow hna estrada doesn't need any more therapy just to take precautions. that means that (I hope) that next week will be normal. worked hard all week, today we went to pt with both of my comps, and then after we write we are going to the house of Pres and Hna Cordon to make baliaras for them(they were in belize on mon so they didn't get to try the baliaras in the office). Today we are also going to have a ward mission activity.
The honduranias joke that they will teach me how to dance punta and sing the honduranian national anthem. With all the honduranians that I've lived with its about time LOL. My district right now consists of me, and 6 honduranians. (2 elders, and 4 hnas.)
Thats all I have time for now, thank you all for all the birthday wishes, and for the updates on your lives,
Love y'all
Hna Allen

Happy birthday!

No comments: