Thursday, June 23, 2011

Surprise!

SURPRISE! I am writing on thursday this week! Tomorrow we have our last multizona with Presidente Lopez. So today is our p-day. This week has flown by, I feel like I only wrote yesterday. Again this week has been filled with Health care phone calls. I seem to be on a run of Dentistry. It could be worse, it could be a run of apendicitis. But I am going to put the 6th appointment for one of our missionaries to see the dentist( so far, we've had crowns that need replaced, several severe tooth pains, and a few crumbling fillings) It is good that I am friends with the dentist. :D

We work hard every day, and I love the people here in Modelo. They have such a great love for the missionaries and the obra misionàl. We are working on getting references and we have recieved quite a few, but so far nothing really really positive, we're still opening up our little area, though we did find an area that we both thought, we should knock doors here. It is to bad that our week has been filled with citas, because we haven't been able to do it.
The language still is difficult at times, but more than not I manage to communicate my thoughts, and feelings in spanish. I am working on being patient with myself, I want everyone to understand me, but I understand that it is a process that takes time, they'll understand me, but I have to work on my language study and my pronounciation every day. I miss a latin comp a bit, it really helps you to expand you vocab if you can't just say the word in English.
This next week promises to be even more busy than this week, we have our day in the office monday, finally, because we really need to organize the nursing things before president Cordon gets here, then tuesday will be the 2nd meeting with the new people, and then wed our district meeting and then Thursday will be our first meeting with president Cordon. then friday will be p-day. Yup it promises to fly by I can already tell.

Hey so we've had this idea to do FHEs with our investigators and Menos activos and cook 'comida typica' (typical food) from the states(you know two gringas together it doesn't make sense to make baliaras (a honduranian food)...) but we've realized that we cook with recipes in the states. We can't do anything that requires a whole lot of time, and most people don't have an oven, only a stove top, but I'd apreciate any ideas about what we can make, and with those ideas, if you could send me the recipe too :D thanks
Mom these are the ideas I've had, Navajo tacos, and if they have an oven buiscuits or brownies, and we have an oven in our office AND in our chapel where we meet weekly and we'd love to make cookies so if you could send me recipes for these things (chocolate chips and peanut butter are dificult to find here, but I think I've seen most other things) I'd love it. I'm so excited to try this.
SO we have so much to do, but I am so excited to know that I have another niece :) and if you can I'd love to see some pics.
Love ya
Hermana Allen

No comments: