Monday, June 6, 2011

Changes this wednesday!

Hola familia!
Things in the mission are hopping, we had a baptisms on Sunday before church and then he got confirmed in sacrament meeting. :) We have a baptism and wedding tomorrow. Then on wednesday we have changes, we`re closing out candelaria and there`ll be Elders there again. They want to send Elders to Pajonal, and the houses are to close together to have Elders and Hermanas in the same ward. (they are right next to each other behind the same wall.) SO Candelaria will be opened up again(in the states I think they call it White washing, but here they call it closing and opening an area.) by Elders, I'm told it will be Elder Perez and Elder Fox. Elder Perez was my District leader in Las Palmeras. He'll be awesome in Candelaria.
So I'm being sent to Barrio Colon (its part of Santa Ana) and My future comp will be Hna Hernandez. I'm excited to have the opportunity to work with her. She has interesting luck, however so this next change could be quite the adventure. Last change she was in 3 areas. The first they transfered her out of the thursday after changes. (her comp is a green gringa and she said she didn't know why) then they were in another area, and had emergency transfers after a rather interesting experience involving an angry man and a rock, and now she's in Colon. she has a year in the mission and has been in like 15 areas. (thats a lot if you do the math 6 weeks per change).
We had un hombre come to church yesterday who had recieved the lessons from Hna Clark, and is really positive, I didn't get the chance to talk with him much other than to arrange to call him tuesday to find out what day he'll be home so we can teach him. I hope the Elders can find his house(I didn't understand the directions he gave, and aparently neither did Hna Fuentes). Obispo was talking to him after the meetings and said 'you've got another investigador with a date' when I walked up to talk to them.
We had a meeting about the Temple! The Open house for the El Salvador Temple is July 1 through July 23 and Paraiso stake will be going to the open house every friday and tuesday AND the missionaries get to go too!!!(a big deal because the temple won't be in our mission in July). They`ll have 2 buses for every ward, and they hope to have them filled. : )
Mom don't worry about sending me OFF or DEET I have both, and the mosquitos still eat me.
I hope you have a happy birthday and Happy Birthday to all you June Birthdays :)
I need to go, love ya,
Hna Memorie Allen

No comments: