Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 6-candelaria

Hola familia,
Por fin(kind of like finally) the birth certificate for our investigator arrive so they'll be able to get married on the 7th of june :). We were hoping for the 31st of this month, but He has something wrong with his kidneys and has a doctors appointment for that day(from what I understand it is recurrent kidney stones but I'm not really sure if I understood right) BUT other good news his future wife was finally able to come to church for all of church so that is one attendance and she came again yesterday after she got off work(which means she came for Relief Society), and she'll be able to be baptized with him. :D Also we have another young woman, who wants to be baptized and she has permisson from her mom, but she wants the support of her dad. She's going to visit him this weekend so we're hopeful that she'll be baptized the same day as our other two on the 7th. BUT to complicate matters, our chapel is going to be expanded and yesterday was the last meeting we had in the chapel, this next sunday we'll be meeting in a really big house. But we won't have a baptismal font, so for our baptisms we'll have to use the font in ParaĆ­so (about 45 min from candelaria) but they are alright with that. We have another investigator who is positive, but he only has one time coming to church I'm hopeful that he'll be baptized too.
We spent (a lot of time) yesterday talking to the wife of the bishop and to the relief society president to help us figure out how we can strengthen the ward here. We have come to the conclusion that the ward lacks love one for another, but I'm not sure how to help them learn to love one another. Any ideas? all we can think of is being examples.

It is hard to believe that we only have one more week left for this change, Next monday I'll know where will be my next 6 weeks and who my companion will be. The other area further up in the mountains (Pajonal) will be opened up this next change is what we've been told, so there'll be 2 companionships living on the property.
The rainy season has started. so far It rains a little off and on in the afternoon and then about 8pm it starts to pour and it pours until after we go to bed. The crops are growing, and they are planting other things here(old style, with a stick and a bag of seed) I am honestly not sure what they grow. But the cows and horses are starting to look more healthy now that there is plenty of grass in their fields. It is humid, which means it takes my clothes 2 days to dry. and even then they always feel a little damp. Also there are some really big bugs that apparently accompany the rainy season(ugly critters) and flys...

I found a store that sells bug spray(OFF). It is a good thing that we get reimbursed for it or I couldn't afford it. Its almost 6 bucks for a can about as tall as my hand. It lasts about 2 weeks. I still get bit, but not as bad as the first week when I was using a different type of spray. And I'm using the dryersheets that Hna Strong left me. I think they help. My legs are healing and I don't see to many new bites ;)
I think thats about it, I love you all,
Love Hermana Allen

No comments: