Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hola from Guratemala, week 4

Hola familia,
Mom don´t worry I did get David's email, but if anyone else has tried I haven't received theirs. Send me their addresses and I'll add them to my list of mailing people. Dani yes I have pday Tuesday last week It was because of the market thing as well as that the new missionaries needed the compluters at all hours of the day to be able to email their families to tell them they arrived safely. This week it has been a little cooler here in Guatemala. Overcast and I feel like I need a sweater (its probably about low 60s or high 50s) but when the sun comes out I am plenty warm. It has been raining alot so I haven't gotten to be outside very much this week, nice for my comps, they don't get burned but I get a little stir crazy. Last Wednesday we went to the temple. The session was in Spanish for the first(and probably only) time they have this thing about wanting us to do the sessions in our native language but last week there weren't enough NAs to do a session in English. I have a new Latina companion her name is Hna Montalvan. She is from Honduras and is serving in my mission with me. She speaks English pretty well which is helpful for me because then when I don't know a word in Spanish she can help me with it. She was a preschool teacher in Honduras before the mission, and she taught the little kids English. Hermana and President Steimle are out of the CCM for the week. We have the temple this afternoon and I'm so excited for it. I'm learning a lot and am having a lot of fun. I still struggle with understanding some people, I think it is because everyone says things differently. I especially struggle with those that talk like Argentinians and those that speak fast and slur their words. I can usually get the gist of what people are saying, but ask me a direct question and I am so lost. When I say those that talk like Argentinians I mean they make their Ys and lls sound like Js. It almost sounds a little like Portuguese. I am doing well and am looking forward to hearing from you. I hope I get your dear elders tomorrow! Love ya tons!!!

No comments: