Friday, March 18, 2011

Hola! (from Santa Tecla, El Salvador)

So here I am in El Salvador. I'm in an area called Santa Tecla. We have walked all over our area and it includes a whole bunch of little communities. Anyway, I am with a trio, i don't know if you heard that. they are both nurses as well. it is kind of fun Hna Woods is the nurse right now and in another 2 changes Hna Clark will be the nurse. So I get to see the workings of what are the responsibilities of a nurse. Also we have an hermana that lives with us who is also a nurse( she's latina so the education for that is a little different than ours) but she's way fun. She just says some of the funniest stuff like its alright to defrost your meat in the sink, but don't spit your toothpaste into the sink. we don't need those germs in the sink.

On another note, I am having quite the adventure, between the hours of 6am and 9 pm we don't have running water in the house. It makes for an interesting shower after exercise in the morning.(we run water into what is called a pila at night and then during the day we use that water to bathe with, wash our dishes and flush the toilets, you just have to fill up a bowl with water and take it where you need it, in the shower and use a bowl to pour water over you, to the toilet so you can flush it (the trick with that is pour it in fast enough that it'll flush, pour it in slow and it just trickles down), or bring your dishes to the backyard where the pila is to wash them.

It has been a pretty interesting week, we have a family that we're teaching and their two little boys are getting baptised this weekend, they have to get married before they can, but they said they'd start the paperwork. We have another woman who has a testimony of the church, she knows that the BOM is true that JS was a prophet and that Jesucristo speaks to the head of this church, but she doesn't understand why it is important to come to our church and not another. She said she'll come this sun.

Ok so i thought I should mention I have p-day on Friday for this cambio. its because I'm with the nurse and we're in the office on Mondays. Entonces, I am glad you got to read the little bit about my new mission pres. He is really nice and Pres Lopez is awesome. I love Hna Lopez and I'm sure I'll love Hna Cordon as well.

OK so if you send a package i know that there is an address on my blog, but Dani if you could if there needs to be things added to it will ya? They gave me this one with express directions to not send it through UPS, FEDEX or DHL because someone has to go to the airport to get them, but if you send it through USPS it will go to the mission office and then I can get it from there. the address is:
MisiĆ³n El Salvador San Salvador Oeste| Belice
Bulevar Del Hipodromo #537
Colonia San Benito
Apartado Postal #367
San Salvador, El Salvador, C.A.

I'm having fun and what an adventure this is. Everyday brings its challenges and its highs and lows and the culture is so interesting to me. Here people sell everything on the street and deliver anything(they even deliver McDs I was told) And the busses, oh what an adventure, its as crazy or more than when we were in Egypt mom.
Love yall tons and I'll write again next Friday


Note from Dani: I did update the addresses on the side bar. They should all be correct now!

No comments: