Tuesday, February 22, 2011

¿Que es le avi de guatemala?, Week 3

Hola famila! I'm glad you are all having fun in Texas and on the road trip. I've been praying for your safety. Mail came on Mon, took it 2-3 weeks to get here from the states so if you haven't sent me something already please don't send anything to this mission home 'cause I won't get it before i leave and then it will be lost for who knows how long. (snail mail I mean not dear elders) I got your dear elders last Thursday. Soooo I learned so much this week, but I'm going to have to snail mail it to you because I don't have much time. We are the oldest group of NAs now my comps are both the coordinating sisters and I am the music coordinator. I think that is kind of funny because both of my comps are more musically inclined than me. One of them plays like 5 instruments. What that basically means is that I am in charge of putting together musical numbers for Sundays and Tuesdays. # of our elders (of 7) have decided to move up into a more advanced level. They'll have the last three weeks as a part of a Latino district. they'll be with the Latinos all the time and it will be great for them because they already get the grammar and haven't really learned much in our class because they already knew so much from school. That means that we'll only have 7 total in our district and so we have to move class rooms tonight. Today we had our trip out of the ccm and tomorrow we get to go to the temple again. On our trip out we went and saw the relief map, (look it up on line if you can) it is a geographic 3d HUGE map of Guatemala. It was built in 1905 so it doesn't have the boarder between Guatemala and Belize. Then we went to the Mercado Central where I got stuff for yall I also am going to try to snail mail home a couple of quetzel bills. (but not the stuff right now) then after the Mercado central we went to a museum and a mall (they are joined) where I had McDonalds and we toured the museum. The museum was small but cool. It is dug under one of the mounds. There are more than 200,000 ancient ruins throughout Guatemala and southern Mexico. Many of them are still buried because they are fragile and are able to be preserved if they remail buried, but they dug under one and you can see what they found under and be under the mound. Oh the mounds cover pyramids, and these pyramids are believed to be ancient burial sites because they find skeletons at the bottom. Anyway it was great to be out for a while. It would have been even greater if I hadn't gotten a migraine today, but I took meds and wore my sunglasses and I was good. It did make it difficult to understand what people were saying though. I kept having to turn to my comps and ask, '¿what did they day?' My comps were really good about it though. Ok so some of the great things I learned 1 there are 2 great reasons to go to church 1st and most important is to renew your covenants with god. and 2 is to edify other people. I learned and I believe it is true, if you go with those two purposes in mind you will never sit through a boring Sunday school, relief society, priesthood or sacrament meeting. also there are 4 great parts to a talk 1- a principle or doctrine 2- a story, or example, 3- a challenge to live the principle or doctrine and 4 a testimony of the truthfulness of that principle or doctrine. We also had a great object lesson about the gospel and how the gospel helps change lives. Well not much more time, but if you have the chance I was told about this site on LDS.org that has like a google earth. You should totally try to find it and look at the geography of this area. It is really amazing. When we were at the relief map´our guide said there is one mountain in Guatemala that gets snow(for like 3 days out of the year) he said so maybe you can visit there if you ever miss snow(I told him I wouldn't be here and he said there are no mountains that high in Belize) Love ya'll Be safe and have fun.

No comments: