Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Guatemala CCM (MTC), week 1

Hola family!
OK so real fast the business end of stuff. If you send me a letter or a package(not through pouch) don´t put Hermana or the CCM or any of those words that are affiliated with Mormons and missionaries or I won{t get it. The weather here is so nice! it is amazing! we have had a cold day a couple of times and it was like oh i might need a sweater. Most of the time it is warmer than it ever gets there in the summer. My Latino comp is way cool and is very patient with me. Some days I don{t do to bad at Spanish and some days its horrible and I don{t understand a word that they say. Yesterday was like that it was frustrating. Today we only have p-day until lunch because the temple is closed. But when the temple opens back up we´ll get to go twice that week. Today I went shopping(kind of) the CCM has some people come in and set up their tables with some stuff they sell (like bags and scripture cases etc) I got a scripture case and a bag. If you happen to be sending a package to me, I´d appreciate some more peds(those little socks) with the rubber on the back and some more normal socks for exercise. I realized I really don{t have enough socks. I get to do my laundry on Thurs. We only have 2 washers and dryers for all the hnas so we take turns on different days doing our laundry and my day is Thurs between 1145 and 2. The food here is really good. its all different than how we cook in America but all very yummy. The only thing i don{t like is the milk. Boys if you think your milk is bad at least it is just pasteurized. This stuff is irradiated. and I´d rather have pasteurized any day. this has a metallic flavor to it that is rather unpleasant. It almost makes me sick in fact. But the yogurt is good so its not like I don't get dairy. We´ve had some very interesting things. but its been really yummy. Every day we have some kind of juice. Sometimes it is like papaya juice, somedays like cantaloupe juice, sometimes watermelon juice. Today we had strawberry juice. it was like drinking strawberry jam. I thought of you dad. The juice is soo good, but I really need to start drinking the water instead because they put so much sugar in the juices. Oh did I say that the juice is real juice like just juiced juice. SOOOOO yummy. It was great to talk to you all when I called. I need to go so I can read the letters you wrote.
Love ya. Mem

No comments: