Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MTC, week 3

Hola familia!

This week in the MTC has been great. I feel like I am starting to understand what people are saying to me when they speak in Spanish. I usually catch about every 3rd or 4th word. Sometimes its enough to be able to get what their talking about, sometimes the key words I don't understand. I'm getting really good at the dictionary though.

We taught the 2nd lesson (the POS) this week . It went really well. Pretty soon we'll have to teach in Spanish and I'm a little concerned about that. I don't feel like I know enough vocab to be able to teach the gospel in Spanish.

I'm excited to head to Guatemala today, and am excited to be able to see Hermana Atkisson, We sent her off last night. She was scheduled to fly out with 9 elders. Hna Newren told the elders to look after her. We aren't sure if we'll be comps in Guatemala.

Thanks for the socks Dani! My district was like, socks? Your sister sent you socks? They don't know that socks are a great gift. They work well in my shoes that mom sent me. My sketchers they slide off my heel. My other socks have a rubber grippy thingy on the heel that helps them stay on. And thanks for the notebook. Hno Pepper told us to write down words we don't know in a notebook. I have one, but I'm sure it will be full by the time we get through the Guatemala MTC.

I snail mailed a letter home last p-day I hope it got there. It has my Guatemala address.

JIC the package address is
Hermana Memorie Allen
Bulevar Vista Hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
01015 Guatemala City
Guatemala C.A.

and pouch is
Hermana Memorie Allen
Guatemala MTC
POB 30150 Salt Lake City UT
84130-0150

The letter had some specifics about how to use pouch.

I love you all and I miss you.
Got to go, Love you all so much.

Love Mem


Note from Dani:
The specifiecs about how to use pouch are outlined here:
Pouch mail

Basically, write on one sheet of paper, on one side only, fold it into thirds, "Use two pieces of tape or two sticker tabs on the top to secure it, not more than one inch from each side, but do not seal the ends."
And address it as if it were an envelope. Like this:

See the return label in the upper left and the address in the center? The stamp goes in the upper right corner.
:)

No comments: