Monday, September 29, 2008

New Calling!

Yeay, I finally have a calling! I am an extractor for my stake. I get to read really old census records that have been scanned onto the computer and then I type the names down. It is part of the process of geneology work as well as it gets the temples names(after a few more steps that I don't have anything to do with). Allthough, some of the names are strangly written so it takes a bit of guess work to figure some of them out. Others are a piece of cake. So sunday I learned how to do it, and got my log in id and password and all that, though I do have to say I need more patience because I was getting a bit frustrated with the elderly man who taught me and logged me on. I think I might need to slow down, and enjoy the sceneery more.
I am in a new ward, I don't know if I mentioned that, and so I have a new FHE family. I am not impressed. First of all none of our brothers want to be there, just because they don't want to be there, also they all(except one) have the mentality of high-schoolers, today I thought they were going to actually make fun of one of my more exuberant roommates and I was afraid they might have gotten mauled by at least six very angry females. It is one thing to not want to go because you don't want to go, but quite another to not want to go because you dread the experience of meeting with your FHE brothers and dealing with their emotionally draining distainful attitudes not only toward the institution of FHE, but also toward all of the people there. Grrrrr. But I am being good and I go, and at least pretend that I enjoy it, and then when it is time to go I can leave and feel no obligation to stay and "hang out" or any such thing.
I believe it is about time for me to get back to my homework. Sorry about the rant on FHE.

2 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

Mem~ you are not shy when you feel strongly about something, so maybe you could tacktfully let your FHE bros know that growing up and maturing is a natural part of life and maybe they should give it a shot. Some of them may take the hint and most may not, but at least they would be less childish when you are around to keep them on thir toes. Just a though. :) Good luck! xoxo lac

Dani said...

Congrats on your calling Memorie Sue!

And stupid boys anyways...Sorry they're so mean and obnoxious.
Is there some sort of rule that they have to come, even if they don't want to? That'd be silly! You might have a more enjoyable FHE without them... :)

And Mem? Don't feel bad about ranting. Sometimes, it's all for the best. Besides, we LIKE to hear all about it! :)
Love ya!