Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OCTOBER!

Ok, so its the middle of October and I haven't posted anything for a while, but I don't know that I really have had much to post. Last weekend was Mother's weekend, and my mom came out Saturday and we went to some seminars in the morning, and then went out to lunch-Tai food, YUM-then we went shopping and mom bought some stuff for people and then that night we went to the International Culture Night, which was fun because some of the associations performed, including the poynesian and korean, which means all sorts of fun dances, and really loud drums. Megz has been driving my car to Teton to the Haunted Mill for work, with a group of other students that work there. If I had another year in Rexburg I might want to do that. I always liked working behind the scenes and knowing what all goes on.
I started the first part of my clinicals with public health. I got to give shots, which was kinda fun to do that again. I forget how much I miss working until I go to clinicals. Now I only have two more clinicals to go.
We are almost halfway through the semester which seems really strange to me because I feel as though school just started. It has been pretty crazy with my classes and tests etc.
I enjoy my calling, and since I last vented about my FHE brothers we got another one who is a recently returned missionary and seems more mature than the others who have been back for 2+ years. At least he is not distainful about FHE, and I don't dread going to FHE because I know he'll have a good attitude.
It was hillarious at our last FHE, we were at our ward clerk's house with another FHE group, and we were going around the circle introducing ourselves, and as part of introducing ourselves we told what we learned at the last general conference. It got around the circle to this one boy, and he started talking about what he learned in the priesthood session, he started talking about this one speaker who spoke about priesthood holders fulfilling their responsibilities no matter what they are, and then he recounted a story of a man who was working on the SLC temple. This man's family lived 22 miles from the temple to on friday night he would walk home, get home and spend the weekend working on his farm and with his family, on time while he was at home, he got injured and shattered the bones in his leg, which resulted in amputation. This brother continued to say, "and if I remember correctly he went on to invent the prostate...er prosthesis..." to which we all laughed of course and he jokingly made fun of his own slip of the toung by continuing, "prothesis, I'm sure his prostate was fine." I though this brother had great character in that he was able to make fun of his own blunder and make light of it instead of becoming embarrased as many people would have. I thought KUDOS to you sir for having the character to continue on and make light of an awkward situation.
So that is my story for this week, I should go study for my Patho-phys test so I can make it to the XC race this Friday afternoon.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I'm glad school's going well, and you're getting to stick people with needles again. That sounds lovely! (Since you love it, it's lovely! But I don't think I could stomach it. Yuck!)

I'm also glad to hear ya'll got a decent boy in your FHE group. Hurray! How does he do at keeping the other boys in line? Where'd he go on his mission? (If he liked his mission, get him started on some mission stories. They are always really funny! And it sounds like he's got a sense of humor, so the stories should be plentiful! Lots of laughs for everyone!)
Love ya Mem!
I'll see you in a couple of months! :)

Memorie said...

He served in Mexico City, and so far i have heard a few stories, though they haven't been very long. I'll work on that. The other boys are still very obnoxious and fairly arrogant, but at least he's ok.