Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OUCH!

Lets see, I went to the public health clinic yesterday (as a patient), and got two shots, one in each arm. I got a flu shot and I decided I wanted to get the guardasil series. So I got the first in that series. My arms hurt to lift them up. And while the guardasil shot hurt more initially the arm that got the flu shot is definately hurting more now. And they hurt to put any pressure on them which is sad because I sleep on my side, so I didn't sleep well.
Yesterday at FHE was actually fun, for a change, we had the lesson, and then we actually sat there and joked around for a while like humans. It was fun, sorry Dan, no mission stories, though I'll try to remember next time. : )

THE FOLLOWING IS MEDICAL WHICH,OF COURSE OBVIOUSLY, I DON'T MIND SHARING, BUT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT DON'T!!!
Then today I went and saw the doctor, 1. because my YAZ is supposed to make it so my periods are at least less painful, and over the past seven months they have become more and more painful. Not quite up to the point that they were before the YAZ, but still, also I am kinda sick of being such a witch when I am on my period. I wind up staying in my room because everything (and everyone) anoys me! (not a good thing when living with 5 other people) : ( 2. I have been exercising more, and because I have I needed to refil my Albuterol Rx, and of course 3. I apparently have really high LDLs(bad cholesterol) which for a person my age is not a good thing. I also have high triglycerides but I have a good blood glucose and my HDLs(good cholesterol) are in the upper range of normal.
So I made an appointment to go and see someone at the healthcenter, 1 because they are open when I have time to see them, 2 they are on campus, and 3 chances are good that they are less expensive than other places. Also a bonus, because they are here at BYUI, and to be here I have to be following the honor code, and as I am single and not sexually active going there means I don't have to have another pap to get more BC. : )
TOday I went and saw her, she gave me a Rx for Nuvaring, for BC, hopefully this will help, and she renewed my Rx for Albuterol, and after discussing my diet for a while, she decided that my diet is not unhealthy, and decided there might be some genetic factors in the LDLs and triglycerides, so she gave me a low dose statin drug, with instructions to go back in three months to check and see if it is helping. The only thing that makes me concerned is that I may wind up taking statins for the rest of my life if it works.
I have had some more headaches, sensitive to light, and sometimes sensitive to sound, though I wonder if they aren't because I am in the middle of switching BC?
Better go so I can actually get something done today.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Hey You!
Memorie Sue!
Hey I rhymed! :)

Umm... first things first! Sorry your arms hurt. Glad FHE was fun! It's OK you don't have mission stories, as long as it's not you have fun, I'll forgive you! :) (Seriously, it's fine. I'm just glad it wasn't an awful terrible experience at FHE!)

And I'm not going to post the rest of my thoughts on this in this public place! :)

Preparing to compose email...
Love ya Susie!
Dani