Friday, September 5, 2008

Grrrr

Greetings from Victor. Yes I have returned home, briefly. Though it was quite the obnoxious time to get here. Tuesday we(My roommate and I) planned to come up in the morning so I could help dad a little bit on the farm in the after noon, but my car wouldn't start. So after thinking, well maybe its the battery and having one of my FHE brothers come over and try to jump it, we decided that wasn't it, so of course I called my dad, and he said, Uncle Doyle was comming out to get grandma's eyes checked, and that he would stop by and see if he could help. He came, and said,"I dunno what's wrong with it." and towed me to a repair shop where we left the Jimmy and rode back to Victor with Grandma, Uncle Doyle and Esther. Wednesday we gave blood, all of us old enough except Ben, 'cause he's in XC and coach would get mad at him. Then I went and moved a line of pipe out of the way of the swather(that was exhausting with 1 pint less blood than usual). Then I went to back to school night for mom, 'cause she was at round table. Whooo, thursday I went on the swather. The old one. After fixing guards and sectoins several times I finally shut down when one of the sections on the knife head broke and was making it difficult to cut the all ready heavy and leaning hay. Dad and Uncle Gayle hauled the entire knife out of the header, and the goal is to replace the rivets with bolts so the sections are easier to replace next time. Today I woke up, sore and stiff, and after a little bit of moving around I finally got so it didn't hurt quite so bad. Then I packed up and got readyu to head back to Rexburg, 'cause we intend to head back with Uncle Gayle when he goes back. Though he was out on the swather first thing after they fixed it this morning and mom had us go and wash and vaccum her car while we waited for Uncle Gayle to decide he is ready to go home.

4 comments:

Hal and Dani said...

HEY!!! What's going on with your car?!?! And what is it with you and cars? It worked fine when I gave it to you! :)
Love ya Mem!

Hal and Dani said...

PS: Do you think maybe the jimmy is missing me? Do you TALK to him and tell him thank for being such a nice car? Maybe THAT's the problem! Maybe I should have said goodbye properly... hmmm...

Try patting him gently on the dashboard, and saying something encouraging, like "c'mon Bob! You can do it!" And when you get out say "thanks George! It's been fun! Thanks for being great!"

(You may have to try calling him random boys names: like Fred/George/Bob/James/etc until you find one that fits. )

Tell him that I say hello and that I miss him and want him to be a nice car for my little sister. Tell him that I'm VERY disappointed in him when he misbehaves, and I'd appreciate it if he'd BE NICE!!

Hal and Dani said...

Boy, I sound nuts!

Hal and Dani said...

Oh, yeah! And good job breaking the swather again! :)