Thursday, December 15, 2011

¡Feliz Navidad!

Feliz Navidad de Santa Ana!
THis week has been packed with crazyness and adventure. Last thurs one of the Hna started having a headache and fever, we treated as we would a normal flu, and she rested and slept and drank water and gatorade and took tylenol until sunday when she suddenly got a bloody nose, poor thing, we became concerned that it could progress to be hemoragic dengue, and we took her to the hospital where they ran tests and she was diagnosed with dengue clasico, so she has been in the hospital since sunday and all day yesterday and last night I was with her there in the hospital so her comp could go get clean clothes and a few other things that they need, and also be freed from the square of a hospital room for a while. Today her platelets started to increase finally and she'll leave the hospital to come and stay with me for a few more days. In addition to her a few other sick elders and sisters has made this a very complicated week. Sunday night another compañerismo came to stay in my house and we wound up having to do a lot of arranging and yesterday one of the Hnas and My comp hna Salazar went to Juayua to the area, and the sick one stayed in the house with Hna Montalvan and Hna Villatoro(comp of the one who has dengue) went and did all the things she had to do with hna De Leon(comp of hna Montalvan) and the mess continues today. We'll see what happens with that, also another elder went to San Salvador for toe surgery(ingrown toenail) and another for follow up after his scope, and whew what a week for the nurse and all who have the (mis)fortune to live with her.
But Tuesday we had capacitacion again, and I learned a lot, and then I stayed in the house with the sick hna and read and read and read, and then yesterday in the hospital again I read and read and read and read. I think if this continues I'll finish Alma before the end of the week. I have enjoyed the time to read, but it is hard to be inside all day when you know there is so much to do outside.
Tomorrow is our multizona navideña and I will be singing :D and we'll play games and it will be great. I hope that all goes well and in the end I'll be able to go(AKA that I don't have to stay here in modelo with the sick ones)
I have loved reading the stories about themissionaries in Alma and (after 3 days of the fundamentals) being able to see, yes this is this fundamental, this is how you teach tal principio, what inspired questions, teaching lesson 2 because that is what they need, etc.
I've been learning a lot and I have been enjoying the holidays here. It is deffinately different, just like everything else. I thought at first that things being so different would make me homesick, but things are so different that they don't even remind me of home, so at times I find it difficult to believe that it is december(my mind goes DECEMBER? WHERE IS THE SNOW?) that it is christmas time(I am in short sleeves and quite comfortable) etc. I have been enjoying the more traditional foods that they make for christmas, which againare nothing like home.
My time is up love y'all tons
Hna Allen

No comments: