Friday, October 7, 2011

Saludos de Santa Ana

Hola familia!
This week has passed by rapidly, for the most part we have been healthy and working hard(I haven't been sick, don't worry, its is my comp) Monday I had a video conference with Dr Drake the area medical advisor, and assorted mission nurses from all of central america. It was very informative and helped me understand a few things that we need to do, and a few things that we need to stop doing.(or rather we get to stop doing) After that we had interviews with president, and he helped me see a few areas that we need to be working more efficiently. Tuesday the zone leaders had their monthly meeting with president and from what I understand the ax came down and the pressure was turned up, needless to say we've been asked to give more.
Conference was amazing of course. A little interesting for me, as I have come to realize I don't understand very well when I know they are speaking english, but I am hearing spanish. I got to listen to the last session in English(I finally found a sister to be in the room with all the north american elders.) and it was amazing. I am so excited for the Liahona for November.
Changes are this next week. It will be interesting to see what will happen.
I have been thinking about pressure this week. And I remembered a story about the potter and the clay. I'll butcher it, but it goes something like the potter applies pressure to the clay from the outside against the hand that is inside, and is able to form a beautiful vase. So if we feel as though the pressure is too much or that we will collapse under the pressure, maybe the problem isn't how much pressure is being applied, but rather how much of the potter's hand we have permitted inside our lives.
Love ya all
Love Hna Allen

No comments: