Friday, October 28, 2011

Saludos

Hola y'all
greetings from El Salvador.
Just got back from San Salvador again. (went yesterday for migration things as well) Hna Salazar had an apointment with a neurologist about her bells palsy. She is getting better. The process is slow, but is is happening. The Dr said she can work again. I am really excited for that, that we don't have to keep doing divisions with the ward, and finding a sister who can stay in the house with her. Also her PT wil change from every day, to 2-3 x a week. Yeay MWF and we'll be able to work the otherdays normal.
This week has flown by, and sadly I can't think of anything really interesting that happened this week other than our trip to migration(really just the police station in San Salvador) for immigration paperwork. But even that was pretty routine.
we're closing in on week 4, I have got to get on buying the parts for the emergency backpacks. President has been out of the mission this week, and luckily(knocking on wood here) nothing big has happened.
I'm trying to teach my companions english. I understand so well how they feel as they try to say a word, and it just doesn't come out the way that it should, and they can't hear the difference. I remember saying words(and still do say words) and people say the word back to me to correct me, and I say it again, and they still correct me, and I can't figure out why because I think I say it just like them, and they can't help me know why I am not saying it the same as them or how to correct it, just that is isn't right. But we are all stubborn and we'll get it.
This week I have been studying in Mosiah. I'm working my way through the book of mormon in spanish, and it has been a bit of a slow process. But I am reading about King Limhi, and how the lord helped them escape from captivity and guided them to live with King Mosiah. But before that I was struck by the part where he asks Ammon(not the one with the arms) about who could translate to they could learn about this people who were destroyed and why they were destroyed. What a wise man, to want to learn from the mistakes of others. That we may be so wise to learn from the mistakes and successes of others so that we don't have to suffer the same things they did. We have such abundance of sources to learn from. I have also been thinking(and teaching) about the way we use our time. Where are our priorities? The things that are most important to us are the things on which we spend the most time. One of my recent converts was telling me about a conversation he had with a coworker about the sabbath day. His coworker asked him why he gives up a day of fun or a day to earn more money every week, and Lisandro asked him how much time in a week does this coworker give to our heavenly father? He told him heavenly father has given us our lives, and only asks for us to give him one day a week. He said, I don't think that is to much to ask, that I dedicate one day a week to my heavenly father and serving others.
dani thanks for the letters. Did you know that the dear elder letters don't come one letter per page, but stretched over a whole bunch of pages so I recieved 7 letters, pasted into one long letter it was about as tall as me. Thanks it was great. And that talk was a great one too. I really enjoyed it.
Love yáll
Hna Allen

No comments: