Thursday, August 18, 2011

Saludos de Santa Ana

Wow, well greetings y'all. This week was interesting. We finally found one of our investigators, Yuli, she and her family have part way moved to another area, but she still is visiting the house here in our area on occasion. She is great. Every time we teach her a principle, she immediately starts living it or at least trying to live it. She was living with her boyfriend here in our area, and when she read the Law of Chastity pamphlet, she had a talk with her boyfriend and told him she'd only come by durring the day and her and her kids moved back to their other house in the other area. Which complicates things, but He decided that he doesn't want to lose his family to alcohol and is starting to change, so I think they'll get married. We're going to teach them on Sat and I'm excited. Also another investigator has a baptismal date, and I feel good about this date. Next Sat(27). He's had 3 fechas fall, and his big problem is he really loves playing futbol on sundays.
Tomorrow we have our planiing in the am then we are going to San Salvador in the pm, so today we are doing all the normal pday things(except the office elders who only get to write and buy food today and the rest of the day is spent like all other thursdays-in the office. pobrecitos.)
I have been studying Arrepentimento y la expiacion. (repentance and the atonement) What a wonderful and amazing gift and example. Our perfect brother submitted himself to the Father's will in all things, his life, death, resurrection and of course that pattern continued afer his death(it talks about him having other commandments of the father that he had to do when he is talking to the Nephites about why he has to go.) And just as he did all that, we need to be willing to submit to the father's will in all things as well. En verdad we need to have our will be to do the will of our Heavenly Father. I love to think about that he knows me, and his plan for my life(and all of our lives) is so much greater than that plan that I could immagine. And If I am willing to put my life in his hands by choosing to dedicate my time, decisions and efforts to things that bring me closer to him, and to doing his will(by following the spirit which will be with us if we are making decisions and putting in the effort to live a life with the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit) he will lift me up to my highest potential. I can do great things in the kingdom of God. I can be a great instrument in his hands.
I am really excited for tomorrow. It is like I get another general conference this year!( in addition to the other normal 2)
I am so glad for the opportunity to be serving a mission right now, it is so wonderful to be able to dedicate all of my time, thoughts and efforts to the lord. I love you all, and I love hearing how things are going at home, I hope all are happy and healthy.
Love
Hna Allen

No comments: