Friday, August 12, 2011

Mensajito de El Salvador

Buenas dias familia!!!
This week has not had the luxury of flying. We´ve been having difficulties helping our investigators keep their commitments and two of our families that we were teaching dropped us, which is better than the eternal sneak and peak. But we have had some great lessons with our investigators, and I think they have come to understand why we keep teaching them about the book of mormon, and asking them to read it, and pray about it. I have been studying about faith, which has been very enlightening for me, I have really come to understand better how powerful faith is. I mean I have always known the scripture that says if we had the faith of a mustard seed we´d be able to move mountains, and all the scriptures that say, when we have faith, nothing is impossible. But really I have come to understand better that faith leads us to action. I have the faith that this message can change lifes. I know it can. Hna Woods says its the power of positive thinking, but I have come to believe that positive thinking is faith. Faith that everything will work out in the end. The gospel is so amazing. The gospel really is a great problem fixer, or rather a personal strengthener, even if the problem doesn't go away, the gospel gives us the perspective and strength to fix it.
But that is enough of the past week, our next week looks really great! THe greatest thing is that next friday we (the two missions in El Salvdor) will have a meeting with the general athorities that will be here for the dedication. President Eyring and Elder Christofferson. AND I get to be in the choir that will do a special music number :D and then on Sunday (21) will be the dedication and we get to go to all three sessions. XD I am not sure if we´ll have P-day on Friday next week or not, because if we do we won't be able to work at all, with having to be in San Salvador by 4pm. (pday usually ends for us at 5pm and it takes about an hour to San Salvador). I am so excited for the Dedication! and the choir! We´ll practice on monday, which works out great because I am already in the office, which is in the Stake Center where we have the choir practice(it is pretty central to the El Salvador part of our mission).
It has been really hot and the people all say it is abnormal, especially because it is what they call winter(that just means it is supposed to rain everyday and it hasn't). Nothing compared to you Sister Walker, I´m sure.
Nothing really exciting has happened with the health side, an Elder has a pretty bad sprained ankle, but he'll get better.
We learned a fun new game today in our Zone meeting, Pobricito mi gatito(my poor little cat) every one in a circle an one person in middle as cat, on all fours, and goes up one of the people in the circle and meows, and the person has to say pobricito mi gatito with out smiling, and if you smile you are the cat. It it was a fun game to play, especially because every one is laughing so hard.

Yo espero que todos tiene salud, y que les vayan bien
con amor
Hna Allen

No comments: