Friday, April 1, 2011

Hola y'all

Greetings from El Salvador (otra vez) I got pouch mail from Mom, Jake and Bryce on monday thanks!
It was good to hear from you and it was fun to read Anita's email as well, though I'm pretty sure I missed something (like why she was in the mtc for so long)
Ok mom:
What is your favorite scripture you would like to have on your missionary plaque.My favorite scripture right now is either Moses 6:32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance... or Moroni 8:16 ....Behold, I speak with boldness, having aauthority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for bperfect clove dcasteth out all fear.
Also I need a wallet size picture, got any ideas where to direct me to one you'd like? There is a pic on my blog that will probably work it is the one I sent in with my papers.

This week has been an interesting series of ups and downs. Our investigator had his interview for baptism, he had to have it with pres lopez because he is a former madero(gang member). down here all gang members have tattoos. People who aren't in a gang don't do tattoos, so you can tell be seeing if they have tattoos as long as they haven't been in the states. anyway all went well and we started planning a wedding!! and a baptism(this is the dad of the two boys who were baptized last week) plans for a wedding on the 8th of april and a baptism on the 9th, but i think that might change (Hna Sandra wants to change the day of the wedding to Sat so her mom and sister can come, sounds reasonable to me). (UP) day before yesterday a dear friend of the family passed away and yesterday hno turned back to the bottle for comfort(down) we've arranged for various members to help him( it seems like every newish member has 2 things in common 1 they all have to get married before they can be baptized, and 2 have to quit smoking or drinking).
We found several great nuevos, and taught them a couple of lessons, then went back and one was sick, one was busy, and one just wasn't there. so goes missionary work.
Our other half is teaching a family that the Hno has read the BOM 2 times and is working on a third, he has a testimony of the BOM, the big obstacles are 1 his work calls him in at any time and so far he has worked every sunday, and 2 his 'spouse' doesn't want to get married. They call each other spouse even if they aren't married, it makes it a bit difficult to figure out if they actually are married or have been together for long enough to just say that.
It has been hot here this week, even the el savadoranians say so, though their version of cold is less that 70 Fahrenheit. It has been in the 90s this week. Oh and I don't think I told you last week, our water has been working for the past week and half. its been great to take a shower (not pour water over yourself with a bowl.) and its even greater to be able to wash dishes in the sink. and not at the pila. And to be able to flush the toilets. :D what a blessing running water. Well i'm about out of time, hope to hear from you all, oh and Bryce and Anita, just cc me if you can. :D
Love y'all Hna Allen
PS my p-day is on friday this cambio in case you haven't noticed

No comments: