Friday, April 15, 2011

Another week has flown by

Wow another week, its friday already, I feel like I just wrote yesterday. We start semana 6 on this next monday, wow this cambio has really flown by. We found an abogado that will marry our investigators without needing a certificate de nacimiento, apparently it is a personal preference, so on the 23rd we're going to have a wedding and a baptism. :D We might get to have 2 people be baptized because we can't find the Hna's records. She's supposed to be looking for her cerificate of bautismal, but if not she'll be baptized with her husband. We were a bit concerned that she'd be offended, but she just laughed and accepted it.
We have a few other investigators that are positive, but are progressing slowly and have many difficulties. We hope to see one investigator in particular at church this sun. He came once before, but we'd only taught him once and he just showed up and we didn't know he was there and he left before we could get to him and talk to him after church(you always talk to new faces). It wasn't a very good experience for him, no one talked to him, that was the sunday of ward conference so there was a lot of vocab and phrases that he didn't understand, and he didn't get the raising the arm thing. Anyway we introduced a powerful new convert to him (actually they already knew each other from their wild drinking days, and Hno Luiz joked that instead of talking about spilt beer now the'd talk about the gospel.) Hno Luiz is an interesting story by inteslf. He'd been attending church for 7 years, and his entire family was members, but he had never been bapized. The entire ward thought he was already a member, so when he got baptized this Jan they didn't understand why. Anyway Hna Woods has had an interesting week(and therefore me as well) we had an Elder with appendicitis, several more with amoebas that don't die with the regular treatments, so the treatment was changed, and a couple of Elders with emotional issues. One who they brought in to be the comp of the post op Elder who has to stay in San Salvador until at least next Mon, so they get to chill in the Office until then. So we went to San Salvador 3 times this past week and we're going again today. Also a big step aparently President told her that she'll be going to Santa Ana this next change. And that it will be what we thought originally, one of the missionaries from the other mission and one of the missionaries from our mission will be companions for one change in all the areas that we are turning over to the other mission. In July my mission changes to the El Salvador Santa Ana/Belice mission, and the mission office and presidents home will be in Santa Ana. As part of that we are turning over All of San Salvador that our mission is in as well as Santa Techla and probably all of La Libertad Stake but I am not sure. Anyway next change it'll eiher be me or Hna Clark here in Las Palmeras 1 and since Hna Clark will probably be the next enfermera and Hna Woods has been the Enfirmera for more than half of her mission it will probably be me that stays and orients the other mission to Las Palmeras 1.
So I've learned a lot here, and one of the things that Hna Woods keeps telling me is that the lord doesn't call us to do things unless he knows we can do it. As I think about how lost I get here in my area at times I think, alright, If I am not capable of doing it, I won't be asked to do it. All I have to do is rememer that the lord doesn't ask about my capabilty, but rather my availability, and as I demonstrate my dependability the lord will strengthen my capability to do what he asks. She tells me about when she was made Sr companion on her 2nd change and was asked to train at the same time as she had been the enfermera for one change. She said she couldn't remember anyone and she didn't feel like she knew the area but as she worked on it she was able to do it, because the lord increased her capabiliy.
The language is coming, I undersand more and more every day, and I feel more and more comfortable talking everyday as well.
My time is up but I love you all, Thank you so much for your support!

No comments: