Friday, April 22, 2011

Hola Familia!

It is great to hear from y'all. Things are going great here, a little more difficult because it is semana santa. it is a huge festival here and for the first time since I came shops are closed. They don't close on sundays but they close for semana santa. The cyber is open only for us today. very nice of them, so we're writing a lot earlier than normal. Cambios are this coming wednesday, and president lopez said that we'll have some missionaries from este with those of us from oeste for the transition of the area, Hna woods is going to santa ana and we're pretty sure Hna Clark is too. This morning some of the Elders from mission este brought mattresses for their missionaries and they told us there will be 4 missionaries coming so we aren't sure if we'll even be here for another full cambio or if we'll just introduce them to the area, the investigators and then go to another area in our mission. We had a multizona on monday and president said that as part of the transition we'll be together for at least one week. We're on the edge of our seats to figure out what will happen. The multizona on monday was awesome. We watched a talk that Elder Holland gave in the MTC in provo the day before I reported. I had watched it in english in the CCM but it was great in spanish too. He talks about how the mission changed his life and how our savior calls us to be fishers of men not just for 2 years but for our entire lives. It is so powerful. I don't know if there is a place that you can watch it, but wow.
Mom I got your letter pouch on mon. thanks :D I love getting mail. Still no sign of the package though. Oh and don't worry about Peanut Butter. I found some. XD
I was reading a liahona the other day and came across a great scripture and quote. IN the liahona(& ensign)from March 2010 there is an article called Safe in his hands and it says,"In any of the difficulties that lie ahead of us, as individuals and as a people, the Lord’s voice should echo in our hearts: “Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me” (D&C 50:41)." I liked it a lot.
So Because of semana santa we aren't going to have a wedding and baptism this weekend. We have plans for monday. We need one more piece for the wedding, a copy of this thing called a DUI(doo'ee) the photo identification here and Hno Mauricio's expired last week and he went to get a new one this week but the office was closed until monday. But we have a couple of other investigators that have been off and on investigators. Mostly becasue they work a lot so we could get in touch with them, but they have been coming to church most weeks. One said she'd get baptized, but she wants her boyfriend to baptize her so we are waiting for her to tell us when he can.
The work is hard, but great, and I am so greatful for the opportunity to be here. I am amazed everyday of the ways that the lord shapes us to be what he needs, and the person he is shaping me to be.
I probably wont' have pday on friday next week, it will probably be a little more than a week until my next pday. (monday after next)
Love you all
Love Hna Allen

No comments: