Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day!

What an odd holiday, Valentines day. The celebration of a Saint (Saint Valentine) who married roman soldiers to their sweethearts. Lets toss in the colors red and pink, and a little cherubim who goes around shooting people with arrows, as well as lots of little hearts. I suppose the hearts aren't so bad, and even though pink and red are definately not my favorite colors, I suppose that isn't really so bad either. Cupid though. The baby/toddler son of the Roman gods? A little toddler is going to decide who I fall in love with? Who thought this one through? Really I can just see this toddler, Ohhh, well she looks nice, and oooooh he looks nice, lets draw this bow, and shoot love arrows at them so they fall in love. How on earth is a toddler supposed to have the strength to draw a bow, and how often do you think he misses, though if he's been a toddler for the last 1700 years, he definately has had lots of practice.
Oh well, as my roomate said, Any reason to celebrate is a good reason.
School is keeping me busy, and I am working hard to get caught up in a couple of my classes. This next week is midterms, and though I have always thought of them as kind of pointless, I have three test this next week to prove that I have learned something. Well I hope I have at least. A few nights ago I was reading through my e-mail from the school, and noticed this announcement about the church history tour. : DI thought that would be really fun to go on, especially with the two religion teachers who are in charge of it. One of them was my church history teacher, and he knows so much about the history of the church, and he showed us some pictures he took of church history sites and I decided that someday I wanted to go and see all the church history sites. For someone who has never been east of Cody, Wyoming, the idea of going to the midwest is a bit daunting. So I thought, if I am going to go see the church history sites, I should do it with people who know what they are talking about, so I signed up for the church history tour at the end of this semester. The tour goes from March 25 through March 30. I don't really know much more on the details, but I am excited for it.
FHE is much improved over last semester, my FHE brothers this semester are much nicer and more willing to participate. It is definately on my top five favorite FHE groups.
I've got lots of stuff to do, so I had better get on it instead of procrastinating.

No comments: