Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Workin'

Hey y'all I'm a bit lax on my blogging, but that's mostly 'cause I have a job, and other than that I think my life is pretty dull. But here is a real quick update on me.
I'm living at home, helping mom out, and savings money on rent, while I am working at TVH in the PACU(post anesthesia care unit). I am loving it. For me it is kind of like working in the ER 'cause you see the patient, take care of them, then send them home or send them to the floor. Total time with one patient is less than 6 hours. I think I like it so much because it changes so much, and I, oddly enough, like variety when I work. I keep telling myself that maybe I really do like change in general, but I still haven't convinced me. (strange side note). Hmm, what else, Oh yeah, I cut my hair. Chopped it of to the chin. its great, a little anoying 'cause it doesn't pin back real well, but the amount of shampoo I use has dramatically decreased, and it is great to have a change. I think I might need another change in a little while, I'll have to think up what I can do to change up my life a little (like rearrange my room, or redo the walls or something.)
My mom has been doing spring cleaning, and she has this kick that she'd like her house to loose some weight, but all we've really done is talk about it. We started with the upstairs closet, but I don't think anything has left yet. I need to go through the books and thin out the ones that no one reads, but before that I need to clean my room and make my closet loose some weight. I have stuff in there that doesn't fit, or I never wear that I really do just need to get rid of. I heard a great idea the other day how to figure out which clothes you never wear. Turn all your hangers around so they are the "wrong" way (bear with me you OCD nut), then as you wear the items of clothing from the closet, turn the hanger the "right" way and by the end of a pre-determined amount of time you will know what clothes you never wear (think ok when I get out my spring/summer wardrobe I'll do this, and when fall comes I'll know which clothes are just taking up space.) genius.
Alright, so that's enough rambling. That foray into my mind was probably more than you really wanted, but there it is.
I think that was rather therapeutic. I may have to ramble on here again soon.

3 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

yeay for you mem. Super cute hair!

Dani said...

I'm glad you like your job Mem! I've wondered. And it does surprise me a bit that you like it because it's always changing... hmmm... what happened to my sister that resists and detests and sort of change? :) (I'm actually just kidding, you've always liked change, in certain things. Remember how we always rearranged our room, switched sides, etc.?)

But in other news, as you thin the books out that no one reads, could you save my childhood books? Most of the Indian ones (Naya Nuki, etc) are mine. And there's a few others that I can't remember the names of that I'd like... helpful, huh? Hmmm... I've been meaning to go through the books myself whenever we go up there, and steal the ones I want... :)

And your hanger idea... When you wash your clothes and hang them back up, do you just hang them frontward?
Am I your OCD nut? Or do you have someone else that reads your blog that all the hangers have to line up?

Did you guys find my lunch box again yet? :)
Love you Mem!
Apparently, I need to call you, since I'm chatting away with your blog comments page... :)

Megan Peterson said...

Hey girl, lovin' that hair cut! Super CUTE!!!